Blood on the Dance Floor

Princess of Blood

I don't see how the fuck people can call then their saviors. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK ?!?!?!? I mean all they do is sing about fucking people, busting nuts and shit, ect. Yeah they are good but why the fuck call them your saviors they have never sang a song like SWS or PTV both of there songs can save lifes. Not BOTDF. Im acting like a bitch right now but that just really got to me. And now that i read some comments this is how i feel :/ so yeah i posted on here earlier but what ever i dont care.

What about their songs like I Refuse To Sink or something like that? Or Hot and Dangerous? I'm not tryna fight, just defend them :/

Horrible band. Horrible people.

Do you know there's a video of Davhie Vanity calling his fans cunts and cursing out a fan?

WHAT A WONDERFUL ROLE MODEL.

You know what's sad? There's probably hundreds of bands trying to get famous but BOTDF is what gets acknowledged.

It takes zero talent for them. Just look weird and have some techno beat in the ground while singing about pussy that he probably doesn't even get.

I use to listen to them a bit when I was about 12ish. But when you grow up and realize GOOD music is actually out there, you'll realize that BOTDF is just well, shit. What's sad is, I know someone who claimed to be a metal head, and listened to this. I told her to go to a metal bar and tell someone she listens to BOTDF, I promise you she would get whiskey thrown in her face and they would force her to leave. BOTDF isn't music. It's a disgrace. And Davhie is hardly a savior. He's an asshole that doesn't deserve the title of being famous.

Because dear, they're pedos. they're disrespectful and all of their songs are basically about sex, how could that save your life? the only way it could is if your a sex crazed beast but i dont think so man, i dont think so

Because dear, they're pedos. they're disrespectful and all of their songs are basically about sex, how could that save your life? the only way it could is if your a sex crazed beast but i dont think so man, i dont think so

All of their songs arn't all about sex...

No some are about a 30 year old with a fetish for hello kitty... chopping off peoples dicks, putting hot curling irons up a girls vagina and shoving a cactus up the ass of people who don't wanna suck his dick.......

hahahahahahahahXD lawlz! my guts hurt!XD hahahahahahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So.... I have heard of BOTDF, from crazed fans and crazed haters. I finally decided to go check em out and see what all the hype is about.

I havent gone extremely deep into what certain events and things they have done at concerts or in ther personal live are. I just went to youtube, looked em up, and watched what came into my feed.

I listened and watched their stuff with an open mind, and this is my impression.

The music? About as lame as most of the electro pop that is main stream music these days. Catchy for about a minute or two, but then it just grates on my ears.  I found them pretty predictable. Acoustic song means its gonna be something inspiring, clean, and harmless and allllllll the fans will say, "this song saved my life!" More electro/dubsteppy = "I r mad at something" and or "passionate about sex".  Not always, but a good approximate.

3 / 10

The lyrics? (Song writing wise) I found the way they rhymed and sang what they wrote pretty pathetic. I watched their videos, and found myself anticipating exactly what they would say/sing next. Their choice of words that rhyme are pretty 4th grade standard. "Book" with "Look" "Spell" and "Hell"... But then again, they dont have to be super good at rhyming to make something "professional" or catchy. I found their actual singing and "rapping" skills to be lacking. That is perhaps the style. Perhaps. But I for one, was bored by now. Both with the predictable music, and with their song writing approach. 4/10 

Content of the lyrics? What content? Most of the times its pretty meaningless stuff. Ok ok. They do give a hopeful message (although cliche in both lyrics and music) in some of their songs. But the way it came across to me was more like the following:

"Hey Jayy, some people dont like us cause we only spew sex and parties, whaddaya think we should do?"

"I dont know Dahvie, maybe we should make a song telling people to be themselves so we can justify being ourselves and being stupid while doing it"

"Great idea Jayy, but we should make it an acoustic song so people can tell we are being sincere, that shit always works on kids these days"

"Awesome, I'll start writing inspiring shit after I get laid"

But maybe thats just me. So yeah,  2/10

Frankly, the only things that kept my attention throughout all of my "research", were their outlandish outfits, the controversy surrounding them, and their racy songs.

Sooo... Conclusion.

BOTDF is not a super horrible band compared to most of the stuff out there today. However, it is a paradox that their fan base tends to think they are not mainstream at all, when the music is actually really similar to most mainstream pop. Songs about sex and parties, love lost and/or love found, occasional inspiring song, mediocre music and beats involving some dubstep.

The only thing separating them from mainstream music, is the way they dress, and some of their themes which involve bullying. 

I give BOTDF a 3/10 rating.

Edited by HopeUnveiled

• 3 weeks later...

i don't consider you listening to them unless you like sexual songs xD

but yeah their good. well some of their songs are good

it depends on what kind of music you listen too

i take that back

botdf is totally different to all the other music i listen to lol

botdf is all electronic music xD

and sexual, if that's a genre