Emo VS Scene

w00tz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm starting to lean more over towards them just being labels. It's bad enough people struggle to fit in with society and their labels. But to have toput up with it in a crowd of people who know what's it's like to be confused defeats the purpose of the things people talk about in the scene culture or however you see it.

Edited by Sine

BINGO! i agree with u!

Well I don't know if you don't exactly understand what AntiXD is saying. But it seems both of you are on to something about it. Whenever I hear people refer to Emo they call it "Emo Scene" and the Goth as the "Goth Scene" When I later researched it. The information I found matched what AntixD said. Emo and Goth are like branches of the Scene culture. Initially it started off all about the music and dress. But later became almost like a lifestyle for people. So yes, many would say Emo is more than music. But that is a personal interpretation not technical. AntixD is coming from a technical aspect of what Emo is, you are coming from a personal aspect. There's really not much to disagree on there. But as I said I lean more over to Emo and Goth as just labels. They are not as strict as people make them to be. I've heard it said Emo is only for those who are Caucasian anyone of outside of that race are posers. or if your hair isn't a certain way you can't be Emo. Well here's a scenario, What if a person had the personality of an Emo and lived their life as that of most Emo's but they had a bit of different way they styled their hair. Does that mean they are not Emo because of their hair? In my opinion, no. If you say Emo is more than music and dress style then people should be considered by more then music or their style. they should be seen for who they are personally. So to me Emo and Goth are labels. And as Amii said pick one and own it.