do your parents like your style?

XxxkeelylovexxX

Meh. My parents don't care. I wear what I want and listen to what I want. I remember my mom didnt want me wearing skinny jeans in like 6th grade. Ended up raising the money a buying them myself c: But I mean hell, I'm 17, what can my parents really tell me? I'm at that age where I need to start making my own desicions and do what makes me happy. And if dying my hair multiple time, wanting to be covered in tattoos and a few more piercings. That's my own desicion and honestly my life. I've told my mother, if she can't accept it, then there's the door. Because I have zero torlence for dictation when I'm not in middle school(no offense).

The biggest regret I have is not doing what makes me happy when I was your age. Now as I'm older, I'm trying to make up for it, although I suspect that some things can't be changed due to not standing up to my parents when I was younger.

You seem very wise for your age, I admire that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I got my nose pierced my mom was so cool with it, said it was fine, she thought they were cool. She thinks piercings are cool, and says I can get whatever ones I want. She's awesome. I don't think she'd let me get my nipples pierced though. Lol, just kidding, I don't want them done. And, at the time when I got my nose pierced I was 13 almost 14. My dad on the other hand, didn't like the idea of it. He just told me not to get it done at a tattoo shop. I didn't know why he was against getting it done there, but as long as he said yes. In the end, my mom and I had to go to a tattoo shop to get it done. He didn't like it. But, what is done is done. Now on the topic of my hair, my mom loves it, and doesn't care how I dye it or cut it. My dad, when I just had the edgy haircut, was fine with it. I don't know if he's a fan of the blue hair or not. If he isn't he doesn't say anything. Now, about tattoos. My mom loves the idea, said I can get any whenever I want. I haven't gotten any yet because they are expensive. My dad doesn't want me getting a tattoo until I'm 18 though. I'm almost 16 now. My clothes. I usually wear gaming or band shirts, sweaters, or hoodies. I don't always wear black, but most of the time the majority of my clothes are black. I wear other colors though. I love all colors. My mom doesn't like that I wear black a lot. But, doesn't push. She is also not a fan of short shorts or skirts, or low cut shirts. I don't ever wear anything like this or own anything like this so I'm never told to change. She isn't a fan of the skinny jeans as well, but knows I'm going to wear them so she doesn't bother me much about it. Ironically, my dad could care less what I wear. He thinks I'm anti-social so he would probably not care if I went out in a low cut shirt and short shorts. As long as I'm being social. Maybe if I actually tried to go out of the house in something like that, he'd change his mind. He never comments on what I wear. So all in all, my mom totally loves my style. My dad is ok with it. He just doesn't like the idea of piercings and tattoos.

Now about my music. My folks doesn't really know that I listen to screamo. I tell them I just listen to rock and roll because my mom hates screamo and doesn't want me listening to it. I don't know about what my dad's opinion on screamo is. I just don't tell them that the bands I'm obsessed are considered metal or screamo bands. Haha, what they don't know won't kill them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...