do your parents like your style?

XxxkeelylovexxX

I wouldn't say they hate it...but they dont exactly like it. I have hardly any restrictions on what to wear becuase my mom is ok with my style. Im sure she preffered I dressed normal but she understands I have different taste. She would gladly let me dye parts of my hair (not the whole one) weird colors like blue if my school permited that. Which it doesnt.

Im not allowed to get more than two piercings until I turn 22 though. Which I find ridiculous. She doesnt care about the kind of music I listen too which is good.

Edited by MissNyxGloom

My mum is okay with it she thinks I have changed because last year I used to be girly and all that shit, but she is perfectly fine with what I wear I think its because she used to be a Goth when she was younger, my sister is a year older then me and thinks I'm weird or she sometimes gets scared of me and I don't really know what my father thinks.

They're not exactly ecstatic about it but they don't really seem to care because they don't really have a proper reason to dislike it. But I know if they could re-do time they would make sure I was like other girls my age, I wouldn't say they would turn me 'normal' because I just don't think that kind of person exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see how it can be when i was in my mid Teens "15 - 17 around this time" i got into Heavy Metal since my friends kinda got me curious into the Genre and i let my hair grow i started wearing black and less colorful clothing that my mom and dad simply hated it there reason was It was awful so when i was in my late 17's i cut my hair back to spiked and left the genre music since i lost interest in it.

I would listen to things like Heavy Metal and Emo but not dress up like the person who wants to represent it.

I was raised around Walt Disney my Mom, Dad brother and sisters basicly babied me through out my entire childhood and just grew up in so much happy sunshine and love i would see why my parents would hate me dressing up and listening to such music at that age.

But your style is your style really if you like it i suppose its up to you im into Symphony so you can easilly guess my style im Very Formal and polite.

However i would see why some parents would not like the Emo fashion in my last High School some Emos overdid the Emo thing with wearing things like a chain with a blade hangin on the center, drawing the black tear thing on there eyes and some other stuff i cant remember they werent bad people at all infact when i would walk on the hall ways in school they wouldnt even speak or anything just mind there own business and they didnt do aweful things like mock anyone.

I think the Emo style thing is pretty nice but some serious emo people might over do it to much were it gets a bit off..

I keep reading the generic "My parents just don't understand" from you all, but all I keep conveying is  " I want to alianate myself from my parents because I'm too fucking stupid to understand that music and clothing don't actually have anything to do with my actual identity."

Sandra, It could very well just be that many of them want to look like their favorite video hos but don’t understand the ramifications of the way they dress. They don’t understand how they will be perceived, they don’t understand that they will invite more trouble than they can handle.

My mother never failed to teach her children the the importance of how to present themselves to the world. This is a lesson that can make the difference between a girl growing up believing she’s only good for one thing and a girl that knows she has so much more to offer than her body. And none of these girls will ever demonstrated the second if they should think that they should present themselves as anti-solcial, imature, self loathing, groupie wanna-be's. And what's worse is that think they should have a right to be that way. How embaressing for the parents...

There is a standard and they can choose to meet it or not. But they are wrong to not do so.

Edited by EvilActivity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...