******Difference Between Emo and Goth******

SuicideDoll

What Type of Emo Are You?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this, what type of emo are you??

• Cutting Emo
    • Romance Emo
    • Poser Emo
    • Hardcore Emo
    • None of the above, I'm gothic
    • I'm a mix of emo and gothic
    • I'm none, I'm just a happy person who stumbled onto an unhappy site!
    • Not sure

Alright so I've been doing extensive research on the difference between emo and goth and here's what I found. Yes you can be goth and emo at the same time but really it's your choice.

EMO

There are actually different kinds of emos out there. *Please note that you may be listed under several*

A.) Cutting Emos- These are the emos that obviously cut themselves. These tend to be the more emotional ones with a severe need to mask their pain. Why do they cut the themselves? Generally it's because there's a nerve that makes them feel good. It doesn't last very long though so cutting is often over an extensive period of time. Not all of these emos wear black. Most real cutting emos try to hide who they are because they are often ashamed of who they are and what they have done.Cutting emos think of suicide on a daily basis most of the time. Some don't wear black. Actually these emos may look bright and happy a lot of the time. Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside.

B.) Romance Emos- These emos focus mainly on love. They're never truly happy with it. Their lives might be perfectly fine- except they may have problems with love. They become obsessed with anything love related and their own relationships crumble because they focus too much on other relationships. Most romance emos are also cutting emos as romance is a huge fml factor.

C.) Poser Emos- These emos.. are depressing. They may seem like a romance emo, or gothic but really they aren't. They struggle with being emo. They have perfectly normal lives and perfectly normal relationships that they fuck up on purpose. Poser emos feel the need to 'be cool' or 'fit in' when they often already do. They pretend to like metal, screamo, and rock. They dress in all black and a lot of the time talk about how their lives suck. Poser emos are very easy to pick out from the rest of the crowd because they seem to try too hard.

D.) Hardcore Emos- These emos are a mix of cutters and romancers. Mostly all gothic. These emos are constantly attempting suicide. They don't talk too much. They do wear all black. Often hardcore emos aren't too friendly. Which leads to many other issues. If you were to look at their wrists you would see a mess of fresh and old cuts and scars. Don't take these emos for granted they usually have a tough life.

That's enough for the emos I think you get the jist of it.

Goth

Short for gothic. I'm not going to give you the history of the goths because that's what google is for. Generally goths wear black,just like emos, goths hate not their lives but the thought of life in general. It's not that they don't like it, it's just that they don't really give a shit. They usually smoke, drink, or do drugs but emos can do that as well. Gothic people are drawn more to the darker side of life and are often into witch craft and spells. Voodoo is not uncommon. Since Twilight exists goths do not include people who are obsessed with vamps and werewolves(unless emo is involved.) Goths, unlike emos, are not emotionally challenged. Just people with disdain for life.

*Yawn* well this is now boring me so yeah imma end this. If you have any other emo types- feel free to list them, I know I did not get them all. This information is based on various sources and opinions*****

post-10378-0-59948300-1317621061_thumb.jpg

Edited by XLoveIsMyPainx
  • Downvote 1

Guest Vampire Puppet

haha too true, just be yourself, fuck labelling yourself, you have plenty of other people who will label so just label you as yourself

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I made this not to specifically categorize people, but more as an interesting way to look at how you see yourself. I was angry when someone called me Goth. why? because. emo isn't some style to me. its my way of life. not just mine, I'm sure lots of people take the word emo in a similar way. emo happens to mean a lot to me. the sub categories were just for fun. but emo vs Goth. they are in some ways like religion. not exactly but close enough. to compare. the 2 especially if you look at it like I do

So stereotypical it hurts my heart.

So to sum it up easily;

Cutters - people who cut, has nothing to do with emo even though it's common people in this lifestyle do it or have done it.

Emo Scene - Emo fashion, lots of black and neon, usually short haircuts spiked.

Scene - Scene fashion, big hair, lots of colours, not much black.

Goth - Alternative style, mainly black clothes though it can be put down in many sub fashions, it's also a music genre.

Emo music - Emotional hardcore.

Derp.

I just like emo fashion.

My sister is Goth, she'd be mad seeing this. There's a high number of goths that don't smoke drink or do drugs, actually. . . people say most of them don't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So stereotypical it hurts my heart.

So to sum it up easily;

Cutters - people who cut, has nothing to do with emo even though it's common people in this lifestyle do it or have done it.

Emo Scene - Emo fashion, lots of black and neon, usually short haircuts spiked.

Scene - Scene fashion, big hair, lots of colours, not much black.

Goth - Alternative style, mainly black clothes though it can be put down in many sub fashions, it's also a music genre.

Emo music - Emotional hardcore.

Derp.

I just like emo fashion.

My sister is Goth, she'd be mad seeing this. There's a high number of goths that don't smoke drink or do drugs, actually. . . people say most of them don't.

I totally agree with you,everyone is different and people get enough stick already for being different and labeling yourself one of these catogories or trying to fit any of these stereotypes is just wrong. I dont see myself as "emo" and I dont like people labeling me with it. i just dress how i feel, somtimes i wear bright yellow skinny jeans and dye my hair blue and othertimes I dress in black if am sad. If these stereotypes exsisted, i think i would be a scene kid on monday and hardcore emo on tuseday.....but sometimes I look more like a pirate anyway. It just doesent work. people should express themselves and not worry about labels.

All the same to me. I only made this because people were pissing me off. I didn't know people want to be labeled. Everyone is always arguing about it so I was like "Fuck it, Imma make this." I do appreciate the in depth detail, but truthfully, there are no labels. We make them exist. Why? I'll never know. Humans are such ignorant creatures. Really I couldn't give a damn less what you call yourself. It's impossible to please people -_- sorry if it "Offended" anyone. My bad for being damn bored. Actually ya know what? If you want to make a big deal about this thread then

FUCK YOU.

Stop being a hater and get a life.

Edited by JustLeaveMeAloneToDie
  • Downvote 1

Hmm okay.. So even though ive been labeled goth sometimes or emo at my new school i just like to think of my self as miriam i like the emo fashion but mess with it and loved how once i came out of a outlet mall thing carrying different bags and a lady went up to me asking what i was? XD haha so yea im miriam x)

lol its getting kinda angry in here but to be fair if you dont like the label emo dont go on a site called emo puddle. yeah labels are bad and so are steriotypes, but theere are truthfully different styles like emo, goth, chav, etc so just get over the fact that sometimes we get grouped!! just say whatever- dont get stressy

I'd just like to say that "Emo" doesn't mean what you're making it to mean. Emo is a type of music. Emo does not mean Emotional, and if you'd like to run with that I could argue that everybody in the world is 'Emo', because everybody in the world feels emotion.

I'm pretty sure you just made all of this up.

i concur, Emo is a type of music, at least originally. but it seems it has been perverted into something that it just simply isn't.

You could i guess class cloths as Emo, and things people wear and do as Emo, because we do class things that pop stars and rappers and rock stars do with it. e.g. slamming their instrument on the ground, wearing insane overpriced cloths. (im sure there are better examples)

a few things caught my attention in this. cutter emo? seriously? there are other types of self harm besides cutting. jeez peoples! burning? head banging? ever heard of 'em? there are more ones that have not really a specific name. like punching and/or biting yourself, or just purposely giving your self bruises. and you have seem to have forgotten happy emos. there are a lot more things i could correct you on but you have bored me with your stupidity in all things emo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to say that "Emo" doesn't mean what you're making it to mean. Emo is a type of music. Emo does not mean Emotional, and if you'd like to run with that I could argue that everybody in the world is 'Emo', because everybody in the world feels emotion.

I'm pretty sure you just made all of this up.

Let me explain. I did a survey towards all my friends. This may not apply to EVERYONE. As I said before I made it because people won't stop fighting over "what they are" so I went ahead and allowed people to label themselves. I don't think you guys are understanding, but hey, I guess not everyone can. There are pros and cons to everything. Emo means emotionally challenged. Yeah I get it, lots of people are emo. And yes, it is sorty of a type of music, though I've NEVER heard anyone say "Oh, yeah, I listen to Emo." I would smack them and say "What the fuck is that?" The definition for Emo is obviously extensive. So everyone, if you wouldn't mind, Please because I'm sick of explaining myself to

everyone.

So

either lock this damn thread or

shut it.

Either way I'm

done.