******Difference Between Emo and Goth******

SuicideDoll

What Type of Emo Are You?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this, what type of emo are you??

• Cutting Emo
    • Romance Emo
    • Poser Emo
    • Hardcore Emo
    • None of the above, I'm gothic
    • I'm a mix of emo and gothic
    • I'm none, I'm just a happy person who stumbled onto an unhappy site!
    • Not sure

Romance emo for sure... That's me xD - I focus waaaay too much on love that I often get involved in some fucked up drama that will tear me down and make me depressed, but only because it's such a sensitive subject to me. :3

Although to be honest, I agree with dellyboo. I am happy most of the time, and when I am, I'm almost TOO fucking happy. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Let me explain. I did a survey towards all my friends. This may not apply to EVERYONE. As I said before I made it because people won't stop fighting over "what they are" so I went ahead and allowed people to label themselves. I don't think you guys are understanding, but hey, I guess not everyone can. There are pros and cons to everything. Emo means emotionally challenged. Yeah I get it, lots of people are emo. And yes, it is sorty of a type of music, though I've NEVER heard anyone say "Oh, yeah, I listen to Emo." I would smack them and say "What the fuck is that?" The definition for Emo is obviously extensive. So everyone, if you wouldn't mind, Please because I'm sick of explaining myself to

everyone.

Alright. Let's do this. First, Emo doesn't mean Emotionally Challanged or whatever bullshit you just said. Emo is short for Emotional Hardcore. It's a genre of music that started in the 1980's. And I have heard a ton of people say they listen to Emo. Hell, I've said it. If you would say "What the fuck is that?" that just proves your ignorance all the more. Second, I don't care if you took a survey or not. You can't change a fact with opinions.

So

either lock this damn thread or

shut it.

Either way I'm

done.

If you're going to post here, about something that's obviously controversial, do not complain about people disagreeing with you or disliking what you're saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weensy bit stereotypical >.>

And anyways, 'emo' IS a genre of music.

I don't call people "rap" because they listen to Eminem.

I would hope not xD

but really, I hardly EVER hear emo described as music. Dunno, I've always heard screamo, hardcore, or metal used

I remember making this thread with one particular thought in mind, No matter what the small differences may be, we're still the same as a whole

I really hadn't expected everyone to argue endlessly over it. I don't see a reason to, if you know who you are inside, then none of this should matter, but eh okay, argue away but I'm out of this conversation, I'll go ahead and say sorry to the people I angered, I really wasn't aiming to, since it was just for fun

• 3 years later...

I think it's funny how there's not a choice for poser goth. Last i checked a goth who only listened to evanescence, watched Tim Burton films and has never heard or sisters of mercy, the cure, Siouxsie and the banshees or read a single Neil Giamen novel was pretty poser-ish to me.