What Things Your Parents Doesnt Want You to Wear

my mom doesn't like skulls or studded clothing. She doesn't want me to get colored highlights either. I told her I want to get a pair of tripp pants and she just looked at me like I was crazy. It seems the more I try to express myself, the more people shut me down...and it's people that judge me that have made me self-concious. I dont care what other people say anymore. Im going to open up to the world and show my true colors.

Most definitely black clothes, studded ones and anything skull related. Also my hair.....she won't let me get highlights or any bright color in my hair. One time I asked her if I can dye my hair like a deep red and she looked at me and said you can dye your hair black and I just looked at her. My hair is already black so there isn't any point if I dye it black now would it? Im just going to have to wait until college >.<

• 2 weeks later...

My parents really don't care as long as I'm not wearing Daisy Dukes in public (i.e. midriff, so much cleavage you can see my whole bra, and my panties lol) and doesn't have crap like Sexy Bitch or Juicy written across the ass. Other than that they don't give a shit as long as I get good grades.

My mother doesn't really care what I wear, haha. She's the one that usually dyes my hair! She's kinda...meh-ish about my piercings though. She doesn't mind them anymore, as long as she doesn't have to see them.

• 4 weeks later...

im emo but like my family doesnt want me to turn scene so they take away all my scene items and try to make me a girlie girl and stuff and like i hate it. it gets on my nerves. they wont let me go back to it. luckily i have my friends to let me borrow some of their things. they are the greatest. but yea, now they have changed my look so much that i dnt even think i can pull of the scene thing anymore. they cut my hair! sad story of my life....

Well im not allowed to dye mee hair...even for Be Brave And Shave I wasnt allowed which fucking sucks balls!!

I wnt wnt wnt black hair!! As soon as I finish skool im goin to get my hair done n get a decent hair cut dat 'actually' looks emo...

Plus I wnt sum tattoos...dad is all no itll look bad wen ur old...blah blah etc...

Mum doesnt really seem to care but obviously im gonna hav to wait a while to get tatts n piercings...

Its my fucking body! Its my fucking life!

I shud b able to do wateva I fucking want!!

But no...parents get in d way...hmm...

Cnt wait to do watevs I wnt...

No side bangs, i cant cuver my eyes, not alot of eyeliner, no lip ring, not all black, they got used to skinny jeans, cant dye meh hair black but i might b able to get blue tips,my mom always wants mee to tan!!!! I like being pale! Oh and no "screamo" or anything like that. They try to make me dress like a prep, with aero clothes and holister, and im like WTF?! I love hot topic, but my parents had this whole big " talk" with me about the " stereo type" that they think is what it really is, they researched " emo lifestyle" on google... They made me cry cuz they said im hurting everyone and made me say ill " drop the whole emo thing" and i did for about a month, now im starting slow, like a minor change a month slow, too fast and they FREAK!!!! ????

• 3 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation. My parents really hate anything emo related. I guess that is because they are very religious and don't want me to "damage my body." They don't like black clothing, studded clothing, make-up (which I am okay with), piercings, or long hair. So? The best that I got was bleached hair...I am aiming for white (so close!). I used a simple paper clip to create a face lip piercing so I where that when my parents aren't around to make me feel a little more emo. I just have to do the best I can. Then again, I am very "newly" emo and people are having a hard time adjusting to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation. My parents really hate anything emo related. I guess that is because they are very religious and don't want me to "damage my body." They don't like black clothing, studded clothing, make-up (which I am okay with), piercings, or long hair. So? The best that I got was bleached hair...I am aiming for white (so close!). I used a simple paper clip to create a face lip piercing so I where that when my parents aren't around to make me feel a little more emo. I just have to do the best I can. Then again, I am very "newly" emo and people are having a hard time adjusting to it.

why didnt I think of that!

using a paperclip as a piercing