anyones parents have trouble accepting the "emo" look?

Catch&Release

My Moma tells me every summer to take off my hoodie...I burn and plus it's cold and I kinda want to stay pale...so far I make fresh computer paper look black.

And yeah my hair hangs in front of my face that shows that I want to be Invisible.

When I was younger and couldn't brush my hair my Dad ALWAYS brushed it back exposing my forehead.

I hated that so much...even when they 'secretly' got rid of my clothes...their just lucky I'm the hippy type.

Go with the flow Karma will get their nastiness later...Moma hates makeup all together so she's happy that I only wear eyeliner and mascara.

My sister needs all the makeup she can get though lolz (Annoying type of prep that isn't popular but is LOUD and Obnoxious)

They can't do anything now cause I'm 18 and their divorced...the divorce kinda sucked though.

Edited by LoserGirlNamedAir

well honesty my mom & dad want me to be this perfect cute christian girl but i try to wear black when i get the chance and slowly becoming emo. she has never hear the music or even looked up the meaning. i told them once my explanation was its ppl who r quite and keep to themselves just tell them that i guess. FOR MORE INFO PM ME !!

my mom hates it, cuz like she heard that emos cut themselves and suicide and stuff ...

so yeah, as a mother she is supposed to hate it :happy:;

but what I hate the most is like when ppl say to me or my mom that emos worship Satan ,,

and I'm like WTF seriously STOP THE NONSENSE :@

So like yeah, cuz of this shit, she hate me being emo or whatever :-/

OMG! I don't worship Satan, like really no way :dodgy:

I post about this a lot. As I have said, my parents are very religious, but I am not taking on that idea as much. And I keep telling them all I want is some white hair. it is quite the quest trying to convince them the emo look is not evil or work of the devil. It is just a style that I happen to like.

My dad..I have 3 older sisters. The oldest one is 29 and she's the more preppy looking type..and me and the other two get critcized for how we dress, do our hair and makeup and everything just because we don't live up to his standards like his perfect first born. He gets pissed when I cut and color my hair but it's my life and i'm going to live it how I want.

• 2 months later...

thanks a lot guys, I dyed my hair blue recentlyXD but it started turning gray so we had to dye it back._. now i cant straighten my hair all summer, but im workingtowards lightening my hair so i can use koolaid:p aaaand im building up meh NEONS!!! lol that and ima beg my mom to let me cut my hair0-0

My mom thinks it a phase and says she "won't let me get too much more goth" which starts a huge argument. But other than that she ignores it unless were going somewhere were she deems fancy or special and she expects me to wear 'normal' clothes. Which I don't. Though my mom is okay with my music and is all for tattoos. My dad can't stand me being emo or the thought of ne getting tattoos. Though he's all for piercings and my mom is not.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XxxxImmamonsterxxxx

Im 13 and really dark I cut and feel alone alot. How do I get my mom to accept me shes been trying to get me help and says its not natural. All I want is for her to accept me and my ways.