anyones parents have trouble accepting the "emo" look?

Catch&Release

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both my parents hate the "emo" look. My mom threatened to ground me if i wore anymore black. she said "im tired of ur emo bulls*** you need to act like a normal girl and stop moping around like you have no friends right now." she does not relize that i have no friends when i have no phone and she doesnt relize that ill dress the way i want. i dont walk around like a gaint whore. i cover my butt, my boobs, my tummy, but thats not good enuff no i also have to be "normal" so people will think good of me.

My dad used to tease me for how I looked. Then he got a motorcycle and a tattoo and quickly shut his mouth. I don't dress emo, I dress punk, but I wore an emo outft one day with black skinny jeans and he told me I looked nice and should dress like that more often. :huh:;

My aunts wanted me to be a pink loving girl. I pretty much told them to fuck off.

If people are wondering how to get their moronic parents to lay off, I would suggest criticizing how they look for a few days so that they see that it hurts to be judged.

• 3 months later...

My parents hate it. Totally against it and almost cried when I started dressing like I liked. Mostly bc they had so much expectations fir me. I try to dress a lil bit simpler so they don't freak out. But now I really don't care so I'm starting to buy stuff I like and I just don't think of them when shopping now. So yeah