Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Okay, new song time!! I can't quite recall what I was thinking about, but it involved music being illegal. And I'm like "Man, that would SUCK." Sooo...this came to mind. :D The little astriks in the title is for...well...I'm not exactly sure. But the melody to the song may sound a bit like an already made song, apparently..? I dunno. I wrote it myself, though. Also, if you'd like to check out my band, Silent Crescendos, you are encouraged to! We have a Facebook page, Twitter (SCofficial), and a group on deviantART. Enjoy, and I'd love to get some feedback. :)

~Lyn-Z <3

 

[Verse 1]

The bass chord

The drum beat

Guitar lord

Nothing can defeat

The voice pitch

Lights low

Even this

Feels just like a show

I know

And you know

There's no stopping us

The tune flows

As it goes

Throughout history

 

[Chorus]

If it was illegal

I'd be in jail

If it was illegal

I'd need your bail

If it was illegal

I'd need a nail

To break out of this prison

That's trapped me forever

If music was illegal

I'd be dead

 

[Verse 2]

A new world

Candle lit

Flowers twirled

Nothing I'll admit

A dark song

A goodbye

A "So long"

I cannot deny

Do you see

What I see

An angel standing there

Do you see

What could be

The strength that we could bare

 

[Chorus]

If it was illegal

I'd be in jail

If it was illegal

I'd need your bail

If it was illegal

I'd need a nail

To break out of this prison

That's trapped me forever

If music was illegal

I'd be dead

 

[bridge]

A simple song

A ballad strong

To break through the darkness

To prolong

All along

A world so heartless

Do you know

Do you see

What is happening

Do you throw

All that could be

To a new epiphany

 

A new world

A new song

My thoughts whirled

Won't you sing along?

A new voice

A new melody

A new choice

Won't you sing with me?

 

[Chorus 2]

If it was illegal

I'd be nowhere

If it was illegal

There'd be no care

If it was illegal

There is no strength to bare

There is no one to be kind or

Be loving forever

If music was illegal

I'd be dead

 

[Chorus 3]

If music was illegal

I'd be in jail

If music was illegal

I'd need your bail

If music was illegal

I'd need a nail

To break out of this prison

That's trapped me forever

If music was illegal

I'd be dead

 

I'm not dead

 

If music was illegal

We're all dead

 

© Silent Crescendos Music, 2012.

Edited by Postcards&Poloroids

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...