do your parents accept your sexual orientation?!....

Guest Maria-Joana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've known i was pansexual for about two years now and hell, my parents didn't even believe me when i came out to them last. Some things are better left unsaid i suppose, at least most things about me that they don't wanna hear. Gender identity and telling them is much worse, trust me.... Sexuality will be the least of their concerns if you don't conform to the color blanket assigned at birth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my mum, her boyfriend and my brothers know i'm pansexual tbh my mum knew before i did she's really open about this kind of thing so i'm lucky in that way;my friends know but my dad, his wife and his parents who are basically my favourite grandparents don't know i'm scared to tell them i already have a really bad relationship with my dad but i don't know what my grandparents would be like they love me and want me happy but i've never thought how they'd react to me having a girlfriend :/ or to go out with someone trans it seems natural to me so i don't know

I've told my parents I'm bisexual. I told them through a poem (Cause that's just what I do to get feelings out) They say it's fine, they say they're all supportive and shit, but I honestly don't think they're okay with it, because now that they know, my dad seems to be saying "That's Gay" a lot... ._.

I'm so confused about if I am straight or bi or les

One time I saw a girl she was so beautiful we locked eyes and she smiled and

That's what made me confused about it cause I was fcking straight and then that happened and it was like we attracted

I'd NEVER tell anyone

• 2 years later...

For me personally, it doesn't matter if they know I'm demi-pansexual or whatever I am, it's none of their business. I'm not exactly bringing home stray boys every night so it doesn't matter if they know or not. I can be me without everyone else sticking their noses in my business, ya know?

• 1 month later...

I don't think it mattered that i'm heterosexual or otherwise. When i was 15 they still didn't want me hooking up with a female getting into a predicament, fucking up my life as a promising athlete because i paid more attention to a relationship then my academics. In the 90's no matter what your orientation was, dating was still taboo and a major set up for failure. Believe it. This dramatic fight for same sex dating entitlements is nothing. 

I don't think it mattered that i'm heterosexual or otherwise. When i was 15 they still didn't want me hooking up with a female getting into a predicament, fucking up my life as a promising athlete because i paid more attention to a relationship then my academics. In the 90's no matter what your orientation was, dating was still taboo and a major set up for failure. Believe it. This dramatic fight for same sex dating entitlements is nothing.

Same. When you're a teenager you can't be with anyone. That's how it was with my sister's and my brother.

Same. When you're a teenager you can't be with anyone. That's how it was with my sister's and my brother.

Didn't it apply to you as well? Didn't your parents still tell you what you can and can't do? I get that you where 16 by the time you graduated high school but that still didn't make you so grown that your parents never put their foot down on you. Don't you feel bad sometimes?

All the time. I feel bad that my step-siblings and my half siblings didn't like me. They where all living in my house that i inherited from my father. We all had resources because of my social security checks paid for it. And they didn't like me because I'm autistic and they didn't like me cause i tried to be grown and accomplished either. 

Edited by EvilActivity

• 8 months later...