What songs that make you cry, and why?

murderonhorizon

Hold on till may- Pierce the Veil, A drop in the ocean- Ron Pope, When you're gone- Avril Lavigne, Iris- The Goo Goo Dolls, and Your Guardian Angel- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus >.< i have no idea why but they always get to me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yuck.... Much of those have such harsh rifts... Maybe it only makes you cry cause you wanna bone the vocalist... I'll use examples of obscure artist cause I'm not trying to influence an overrated annoying artist with obvious fangirling. Genuine songs that make you genuinely sad and songs that make you fan girl annoyingly and create a puke fest shouldn't fall under the same category. I shall show you the proper way to list songs of true pain and horror.

-speeding cars by imogen heap [it follows a suicidal individual and his consciousness trying to determine the end result]

-the sound of silence by Simone and Gar [first they coax you into turning off all thougths and the inner voice in your head. If you can do that with this song its very scary trip. Wheres all the sounds? Did everyone drop dead? If i make any noise is it gonna get me?]

-one last cry by Brian mcnight [The melody gets to me even when im not going through any heartbreak. So it only makes me feel for him then myself]

-butterflies instead by K's choice [Divorce is hard on children but stuffed animals are always there. It makes me recall the comfort my pets bring me]

-heaven knows by orange and lemons [gotta respect a man who let's his angel fly free rather then clip her wings]

-prayer for the dying by Seal [you don't really let go of the ones on the other side and death scares us]

-beauty is within us by yoko kanno [ a gender confused man with resentment toward his mother but its so powerful our will to want to transition.]

-Jeremy by pearljam [ the first and Original take on little kid shoots himself in front of his class mates before the faggot dahvive fucked it up and sombered it]

-zombies by the cranberries [ being surrounded by mindless zombies is my reality so it speaks volumes to me]

-feathery wings by voltiare [by some weird magic this song acknowledges every individual and their different grievances for such a short song]

-concrete angel any version or cover [the story follows a lil girl that is beaten regularly is pretty sad but its the fact that her nieghbors and teachers had suspicions and didnt do shit about it that pissed me off. The child is killed by her abusive family and its too late now. Who isn't gonna cry?]

-headlines by neon blondes [a journalist is haunted after covering a story on a child that turned up dead and raped because in no time the child would be forgotten once a new murder case made the news and fade the previous victims away.]

-if we hold on together by Diana Ross [call me a baby but it cant be help if the land before time theme and the struggle and survival cause of the friendship of some animated dinosaurs from the 80's tugs at the heart strings each time. Every song after that kinda sucks so I'm partial to the original]

-Now by Days of the new [this song is the explanation for those moody "I'm alone but I'll just push you away if you try to get close to me" grunge teens. If you don't devote every thing into breaking into their exterior they'll never respect you.]

-Against the wind from set it off [the song plays during the scene where queen latifas charecter is killed by a wall of bullets. The song alone is so depressing and I feel an impending doom it sucks all the joy out of me and I half to stop the song halfway and play something upbeat.

-la cuna blanca [ its a Spanish song that follows the death of a cherished band member that died in a car accident. He flew through the window. The somewhat upbeat song references that he went flying like an angel would. I think they would like to imagine he was already dead and flew off before he hit the pavement. This song is very popular to the more elderly hispanics and latinos who are grieving and when I listen to it it makes me miss my great grandpa.]

Princess sophie Unknown and unattainable [ a really long 15 minute song/story of a jealous babysitter who snaps and sends the husband on the scavenger hunt for the pieces of his dead wife if he wants to find his daugther sophie alive. Its a Sick, grueling, sadistic realisticly detailed trip you just want it to be over. You want him to stay strong and under go all this pain to get to the child on time. Plot twist he didn't know he tore Sophie in half when he sped out of his wifes car when he found he had a flat and the baby sitter had been dead long before he came home from his business trip. He delayed because he had an affair. Another plot twist, it was the husband of the women he was screwing that killed them. Plot twist he gets captured tied and gagged and is then killed by his lover after she was on a scavenger hunt of her own childrens body she doesn't suspect her own husband did it. Plot twist she doesn't have a husband. It was her split personality! Whaaaat?! Get the fuck out! I swear it was the babysitter minutes ago!]

Edited by EvilActivity

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of songs get me depressed but only a few really make me cry.

Lover you should've come over - Jeff Buckley. Obviously a breakup song but it's such a beautiful song. It makes you sad but also gives some acceptance.

That's all that stands out currently while I try to remember what other songs got me to baww like a baby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a lot of songs that make me emotional, but the only one that really ever truly gets me is "When You Can't Sleep At Night" by Of Mice & Men. It's so beautiful and I love the way it just flows like water. And also, the part about not being afraid to love somebody and being in denial... that part is the part I like.