Seriously... WTH IS DUBSTEP?!?!?!?

Ima_Monster

Pretty much. like skrillex borgore or arion. So yeah, it is fast techno electric music C:

Oh, hell no. Don't you rope techno in with this dubstep crap. Those are two VERY different genres.

• 7 months later...

Dubcrap- I mean step, was previously a bunch of back noise components as a filler for the genre bassline. Now, before I go further please know that "Techno" is an umbrella term for an array of electronic music. Bassline is one of those genres. Now, someone took this mistake of a sound and thought "hey. Maybe I could use this" and then it started popping up more in 2008 in DnB tracks, Chillstep sets, and it emerged more and more throughout 2010. Skrillex was a key component to making this..sound so popular via YouTube and aiding in it's spread. Iv'e nothing against Skrillex, Iv'e met him personally, I could give a care less for his Dubshit but the young man is an Electro House genius. That aside, Dubstep is simply one of the many electronic music genres grouped in under "Techno" or more commonly spelled, "Tekno" under the larger umbrella of electronic music. It's popularity wont die anytime soon but from the ashes of this physically gut wrenching abomination came Dubstyle. Born of it's own components Dubstyle has a wub bass- yes, it is actually called a wub bass. For all you music producer savvy people this is kindergarten knowledge but the wub bass is what makes up Dubstep with a few other key ingredients via kick, clap, ect. Dubstyle however, is a lot more tolerable. It's fused together with either Electro House or DnB and in my opinion is much more preferred. In the end that's basically all there is. And like all music, there is good Dubstep, and bad Dubstep, I just decline it all together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dubstep is electronic music normal kicks and snares but but a baseline that is ment to consist of bassy wubs but skrillex messed that all up and instead of making dubstep big he made moombahcore big with the name of dubstep real dubstep originated in the uk as illegal underground party music and has staied underground from the 1990's to now so to say as the real dubstep still hasnt got credit... I will give examples, real dubstep: Skream - Make me / filth / exothermic reaction and try leofah - mud... Now for moombahcore (todays "dubstep") listen to: Noisestorm wipeout and try RaRa - drums and heartstrings... Moombahcore is what skrillex and the other so called "dubstep" artists make... I hope this has been useful and maybe ive educated a few people on real dubstep. P.S I have been listening to dubstep for 7 nearly 8 years.